Student forum, helpdesk of the course

You are welcome to start new discussion to receive answers to scientific and management questions, as well as publishing informations useful to other students. 

You are also welcome to answer the questions. 

Fell free to use it!

Results of the I test

by Giovanna Gambarotta -

Please find enclosed your evaluation.  According to the new privacy rules we did not put your names, only your badge. Results are mainly very good, therefore congratulation to the most of you! :-)

Those who obtained a unsatisfactory results can study and attend more  successfully the exam next time. I suggest, to those who did not attended our lessons, to listen them.

We really carefully checked one by one each question to try to be as fair as possible; we did not consider spelling mistakes, we considered the meaning of the answer. Some answers previously considered uncorrected were added as correct (for example, “its  interaction with ErbB3 is negatively affected by the absence of B” is correct like “its interaction with ErbB3 is not affected by the absence of A”). As regards the RT, for a mistake I wrote nM instead of µM, therefore I considered right both 1.25 and 0.00125 µl (!!).

Tomorrow at 12,30 I have to attend a meeting at 12,30 in via Accademia Albertina 13.

If those who obtained unsatisfactory results want to see the correct results, we can meet in via Accademia at 11,30 in aula B (please ask the reception if you don’t find me).

Please let me know here in the forum or by mail if someone will come. Otherwise, I will not come.

If tomorrow you can not come,  we can organize another day.

Good night!

DNA integration

by Luca Visentin -

Hi everyone!

I'm having a hard time defining what process actually happens inside the cell's nucleus once foreign DNA enters it that actually integrates it inside the DNA. Does it involve a DNA repair process? Something else entirely? What about viral transfection, is it any different?

I cannot find much pertinent answers in the literature, even though I'm sure there are.

Thank you for your time.

immunoprecipitation

by Daniele Giacosa -

Hi everyone, can you help me with this immunoprecipitation? Why also in the control there is the presence of Raptor? This control is made by no-adding the primary ab, isn't it? So the protein raptor not precipitate with the beads... And why we detected the IgG heavy chain if we use an ab against Raptor in the WB? Thanks to everyone will answer me!

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 17.24.46.jpg

Group subdivision and Scientific Paper Choice - 19.10.2018 Presentation

by Luca Visentin -

Good afternoon,

I'm opening this forum topic to communicate the group subdivisions an paper choices for the presentation we will present on the 19th of October 2018 (and subsequent days) to whomever it may concern. 

Our group is composed of the following students: Chiabotto Adriana, Lunetta Stefania, Rivas Patricio and Visentin Luca.

Patricio, Stefania, Adriana and I have chosen the article by Yang et al., entitled "Autophagy is critical for pancreatic tumor growth and progression in tumors with p53 alterations." published on Cancer Discovery in 2014 (Pubmed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24875860).

Regards, Luca