Open forum

Pratice on Genome Browsers

Pratice on Genome Browsers

by Luca Torello Pianale -
Number of replies: 12

Hi everyone. 

We could use two Wednesday afternoons (if there is no Bioinformatics lecture) and then two Friday/Tuesday afternoons. Actually, for me it doesn’t matter the precise dates… However, they could be on:

• 17 or 20 April (Group 1)
  • 18 April  (Group 2)
  • 24 or 27 April (Group 1)
  • 2 May (Group 2)

Moreover, if we have to use the computer, I can bring mine with me. If the most of us could too, it is not necessary for the prof to find a classroom or lab with computers, so that it is easier that the dates will be the one we chose.

Tell me what you think.

See you soon, 

Luca

In reply to Luca Torello Pianale

Re: Pratice on Genome Browsers

by Carina Florina Cojocaru -

I think those days are the best ones, but I won't be in Turin from April 18th to 24th. Can we set at least one of the 2 dates of the first practice class before the 18th? 

by Fabiola Varese -
I agree with you, but couldn't we put thursday instead of friday? Would it be a problem for anyone? 

by Carlo Castiglione -

I agree about what you wrote. Personally it would be better doing the activity on wednesday and tuesday. 

Sincerely,

Carlo

I said those dates because are the nearest to us (next week we are a little bit full with prof Perissi, I'd start after that), but we can have these practices also in May! 

Thursday is ok instead of Friday for me, I have Imaging on Friday, so for me Wensday is the best day. If you guys (the ones not attending Imaging) Thursday is better no problem for me!

by Fabiola Varese -
I would prefer not doing it on Tuesday, because I have parasitology, so wednesday/thursday/friday/ would be okay (we were speakig about you people attending Imaging to go on wednesday right?) 
In reply to Fabiola Varese

For me it is ok, we must listen to others! 

Furthermore, there are also people attending Forensic Genetics (actually I do not know when they have lectures).

by Ivana Venezia -

Lectures of Forensic genetics are on friday morning.

In reply to Fabiola Varese

by Carlo Castiglione -

On Thursday and Friday afternoon there is Image Analysis course. I think that the perfect day for each of us does not exist, so we can choose the one in which less people are penalized: doodle .

In reply to Carlo Castiglione

If Parasitology is on Tuesday, but for everybody not attending either Parasitology or Imaging this day is ok, we can have these practices on Tuesday and Wednesday (there are only 5 people, I guess, of Parasitology and I do not think that for Imaging we are more than 15). 

If we want to use Doodle we could, but everybody should reply!

by Eleonora Deligia -

Hello everyone! April is ok for me, I’ll be working mon/wed/fri afternoons so I just ask to have at least one lesson on tue/thu... 

Doodle is a good idea:)

In reply to Eleonora Deligia

by Laura Tasca -

For me would be better on tuesday and wednesday, but I know that some people have parasitology! Either we can split in two group (one that it is ok on tuesday and the other that prefer thursday / friday) or vote on a doodle (i would prefer not to go on thursday or friday because I guess that attending imaging is mandatory, since he takes our signature every lesson)

In reply to Laura Tasca

by Michele De Bortoli -

We do split in groups.... ! Either Tuesday OR Wednesday/Thursday/Friday...